• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TROUBLE OCING 4400 X2! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Would

Hi, I have had this amd 4400+ x2 overclocked and running at 2.4ghz without any change to voltages etc and it has been perfectly stable for almost 2 years. Yesterday I installed 2gb of OCZ dual channel platinum ram on my computer now I am having trouble just getting it to be STABLE at 2.34 ghz.. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

A little more information on your hardware and settings might be helpfull here. I'll take a shot with the little information supplied.. The only thing you changed was your ram. Did you make sure the Vdimm and timings are set to OCZs specifications for the ram, or did you let the MB default the settings? Suggested settings and MB default are often different. Example..Crucial says 2.1V Vdimm on my ram, Biostar defaults them to 1.9V. They will run there, but if I want to have them perform well, I must manually set the Vdimm to 2.1V.

Back