• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar Tpower I45 and E7200 Can't go higher than 3.0 ghz??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SaxonVerax

I just got my Biostar Tpower I45 and E7200 and built it with clean windows install.

Also using Ballistix PC6400 (4gb) and HD4850 in Crossfire. PSU is Corsair 750W

I can't seem to get this thing to overclock higher than 3.0 ghz. I did that with 320x9.5 but anything higher and it locks up as soon as windows loads.

Shouldn't this E7200 be able to go higher than 3.0??

Anyone familiar with this board that might be able to give me some suggestions based on my current hardware?

Thanks

what ram ratio are you using? what voltage option have you set in the bios?

what ram ratio are you using? what voltage option have you set in the bios?

I haven't rerally changed any of the voltages other than the DDR. I haven't chnaged the ratio from AUTO either.

The only thing I have really tried chnaging is the CPU speed

There isnt an option to run it 1:1 All I can choose is the DDR Frequency and that is 800, 1066 or 1333.

I assume since the CPU is 1066 I should select 1066?

no that would put your ram at DDR2-1066, which is a fsb of 533mhz. for a 1:1 ratio you would need to set ram speed to 533. as 266fsb would make a DDR speed of 533. i know this can be a tad confusing but your cpu's buss is 1066 which is quad pumped. making for 266x4=1066, the fsb is the SDR(single data rate) vs DDR(double data rate) to the ram, then vs QDR(quadruple data rate) to the cpu.

OK, so I see you have your E7200 @ 3.8... what should I expect as a decent OC for the E7200 on Air?

here are my BIOS options.. would you mind givingme some advice here:

Intel Speedstep (disable/enable)
CPU Frequency
FSB (Bsel) To Northbridge latch (Auto/800,1066/1333)
DRAM frequency (Changes options depending on CPU freq)
_______

CPU Configuration

C1E Support (enable/dis)
CPU TM Function (enable/dis)
Intel C-State Tech (enable/dis)
Core Multiprocessor (enable/dis)

Voltage Options

CPU Voltage
DDR Voltage
Chipset Voltage
FSB Voltage
CPU Core 1 GTL
CPU Core 2 GTL
MCH GTL
CPU GTL

Any suggestions on these settings would be appreciated.. I can't get over 3.1 without crashing and even getting BSOD.

Hope you don't mind since this is off-topic but, how do you like the Biostar Tpower? I am considering that for my build...

Hope you don't mind since this is off-topic but, how do you like the Biostar Tpower? I am considering that for my build...

So far I do not know becasue I am still playing around with the settings. I don't know if this lack of OC is due to the board, the chip or me. But I sure thought I would be able to get higher than 3.1 on it.

i dont know the different voltage opionts or incriments you can choose from. i would start off with the cpu divider at 1066 and ram at 533. this way you test just the cpu, to figure out how high you can go before the ram is a issue. Though with DDR2-800 ram that is only going to be good up to 400mhz fsb. Its going to take testing and lots of it, this isnt something you can just get some settings to go on.

since the newer E7200 dont seem to be ocing so hot. im gonig to guess that with these you may see a tops of 3.4-3.6ghz. just really depends on how much V it takes to get up there. change you voltages from auto on the cpu and ram. as far as a setting to use i would start with 1.25 applied in bios. then run cpuz to see what it shows for cpu voltage, then up it in bios till you see 1.25 in cpuz. then start ocing from there, as with P45 you shouldnt need to apply any NB voltage till a little over 400mhz fsb. though you may have to apply some since the cpuvtt voltage is tied to nb voltage. well it is on my board any way, let me gander over the manual for your board.....

Thanks, I have been playing with it all night and I can't get anything over 3.1 to boot into windows. I am sure it has to do with settingsa but I can't seem to get them right.

hope this might help more, but i due suspect that lack of setting Ram timings may effect ocing. as well as the ram slots used will affect ocing as well. do testing with the ram in the current slots they are in, if you still have issues switch the ram to the other set of slots. in esense though you should be able to hit 400mhz fsb. now if you want to test that lower the multi to the cpu.

starting in the "o.n.e" menu
Speedstep=disabled
fsb=333(for starters)
FSB (bsel) to NB= 1066
Dram frequency=533
**go into Dram Timing conf and set the timings to your ram.

*voltage configuration
cpu voltage=1.25v(to start with)
chipset voltage=sectond to lowest setting
Fsb voltage=second to lowest setting
GTL ref= *65
GTL ref= *65
MCH=move from auto to the second to lowest setting
CPUT PLL= 1.5(for starters)

well goodluck man hopefully you can bump it higher then 3.1 ill be watching this thread since it might come to use for me when I get my tpower!

here are some shots to help out i hope

1ea45347cb95a810d9435e9bb4ca7d16.JPG

9254723ea8a3b133e2f08e26739ca3de.JPG

voltage is on screen shot

The Tpower Bios memory settings are tied to the FSB(Bsel) to NorthBridge Latch. They scale automatically as the FSB goes up or down. The tighter the latch the higher the speed options reported (available to choose from) as your FSB goes up. Choosing a latch of FSB1333 gives you the most relaxed memory speeds when trying to run high FSB.

Well, I got it to run 3DMark successfully with (8x400) and everything else AUTO.

I am running 2x2gb Ballistix BTW.

The wierd thing is when I try to increase the Setting called (CPU Voltage) even 1 notch higher than AUTO, it wont boot.

I haven't tried the other setting syou told me yet but will in the morning when I get back at it. I am seeing double now so I am gonna sleep. Thanks for the replies, I will hopefully have more success tomorrow.

Auto dumped voltage into the chip, not a good idea.

You might have a crappy batch, the recent one I got for my friend won't budget from 3040Mhz with 1.3V, even 1.35V. :shrug:

Back