• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf! help me pls!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

REDTOP

Registered
wtf! help me pls! crysis benchmark

dang!!:bang head why???:eek::eek::eek: 19.14??:cry:

specs on sig

crysisstockxfyq1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks normal to me, crysis is extremely slow even on the fastest systems.

i oc'd my cpu to 3.5ghz and gpu to 875/925mhz. result: 19.605 so you mean dual 3870 x2 and q9450 is bad set up for crysis?:confused: so there is no possibility i can get 30+ fps 8xaa??

I am thinking its your gpu.

I ran it with my e8400 3.825ghz with 4870 Crossfire, windows XP.

Got avg of 43.14 FPS with 1680x1050 8xAA

What drivers are you using?

You shouldnt be doing it that low however..

I am still using the 8.6 hotfix driver. Maybe give it a try and see. Only issue I have had with these is the crossfire flicker in some games. Which is always fixed by alt-tabbing out once and then it never appears again.

Also. Just to make sure. You have your AA in CCC set to box right? If you have it set to edge-detect in CCC and application controlled and 8x AA set in crysis your going to be using 24xCFAA.

I forgot i had it on for some gaming testing and went for DAYS right after i had this setup going testing games. Then I remembered. Just in case i wanted to bring that up.

thanks! ill try to dl the 8.6 and yes. AA in CCC set to box. oh btw, speaking of CCC. do i have to change all the 3D settings? like the AA? cuz im only using balanced in standard settings. any help for the settings for the CCC?

Use 0xAA and everything else high and use the Crysis tweak that removes some distant rendering... I don't know what it is but apparently there is one. Crysis slows down when you look at trees and stuff in the distance.

i oc'd my cpu to 3.5ghz and gpu to 875/925mhz. result: 19.605 so you mean dual 3870 x2 and q9450 is bad set up for crysis?:confused: so there is no possibility i can get 30+ fps 8xaa??

There have been a lot of reviews on how terrible crysis is when it comes to multiple GPU's scaling correctly. COD4 on the otherhand will do awsome w/ multiple GPU's... it's just how Crysis was writen and their lack of ability to allow multip GPU's to bring out it's power.

I just had a google, I think Windows Vista and dx10 runs your x2 much faster. Maybe they need to fix XP's drivers still. Try running driver cleaner in safe mode before installing Cat 8.8.. also there is a new beta driver out.

Back