• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT - artifacts..but different

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

Hi.. I cam home today and noticed that my PC had turned off.
Anyway. I can see now small artifacts where i write and if i move a window across the screen. I am not sure i can capture the artifacts with a screenshot.

Maybe someone had this.. if yes, i would like to know if it's fracked or i can still do something.

Card has been running stock since i bought it :(
And when i thought nvidia was different :bang head

thanks

p.s: here is the screenshot: http://skill.ro/Q/temp/screencap.jpg

I would say your video card is dying... but im thinking that RAM is going bad because is running too hot?

2.3v why so high? Do you have appropriate cooling?

The DDR2 RAM? what doe that have to do with artifacts?

The RAM has heatsinks, and are not running hot. I haven't played a game for 3 months... all i do is HD playback and photoshop.

Card is running at 57 according to riva tuner

I dont think its the card, you said it yourself you dont play any games and its @ stock settings. Chances of the card being bad it very low.

The E8400 should do 3.6ghz NP so i would also discard that.

On the other hand your memory... what are stock setting and what do you run it @? 800 running at 900?

When your memory is unstable you can get all sorts of weird stuff hapenning. Get prime95 and run it for an hour to see how stable your system is.

Another posibility is that you PCIe frequency is on auto? When you OC you change it to default 100. I assume you did that, but just checking.

Last edited:
Back