• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap watercooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fujinsan

I need a cheap watercooler that'll keep my graphix card from shutting down my comp when playing Cod4. Right now without playing a game I have a fan on it and it's running 79 degrees C. If I didn't have a fan on it, it would be running in the 90's, could someone help? My budget for the cooler is $50.00 USD, but I'll be willing to go higher if it's guaranteed to never overheat again.

First of all, can you be more specific about what vga you want to cool? Also, $50 is a little cheap for watercooling. You'd be better off with a good air cooler for that price.

Ok sorry it took me so long to get back, but the graphics card is ATI Radeon i think. Can't really check too well.

Last edited:
Ok thinking out side the box here. (Flame Shield on)

Cooler Master Aquagate Duo Viva VGA/CPU Liquid Cooling System $35 shipped.

Depending on shipping...

At jab-tech

YATE LOON 120mm fan $4 (x2 ?)

Swiftech MCR120-Res Heat Exchanger $40 + $8 shipping

Or for better results + $15 + $4 extra fan

Swiftech MCR220-QP Res $55 + $8 shipping (get 3/8 barbs)

Or the same at crazypc

Yate Loon D12SL-12 120x25mm Fan $6 (x2 ?)

Swiftech MCR120-QP-RES Radiator with reservoir $40 + $10 shipping

or for better results + $15

Swiftech MCR220-QP-RES Radiator with reservoir $55+ $10 shipping (get 3/8 barbs)

minimum $75 + ~$10 shipping / maximum $110 + $15 shipping give or take discrepancies between the two store + $3 for distilled water

Drain the aquagate saving the fluid, throw out the radiator that comes with the aquagate, and stretch the tubes over the new radiator's 3/8 barbs. They will fit just keep pushing. Refill with fluid and top off with distilled water from your local store. Mount on CPU and Video card using directions in the aquagate package. Be careful not to use the shim sticker if your video card already has a shim

Not easy but good above high end air performance for < $100 shipped for a pure copper loop.

Last edited:
Back