• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterman87

Hi guys hope you guys had a good holiday as for me not to bad anyway do you guys know anything about the video card ATI 8500 and how good the picture and driver quality is also are there any good drivers around for this video card thinking of buying a video card but don't have to much money right know i'm running a voodoo 4500 i think it is holding my system down i have a xp 1900+ 8kha+ pc 2400 oc to 1750 mhz I like the image quality of this video card i know it sounds like i'm cheap can you guys give me some insight on a good video card how about the GAINWARD video cards thanks guys peace:confused:

misterman87 said:
Hi guys hope you guys had a good holiday as for me not to bad anyway do you guys know anything about the video card ATI 8500 and how good the picture and driver quality is also are there any good drivers around for this video card thinking of buying a video card but don't have to much money right know i'm running a voodoo 4500 i think it is holding my system down i have a xp 1900+ 8kha+ pc 2400 oc to 1750 mhz I like the image quality of this video card i know it sounds like i'm cheap can you guys give me some insight on a good video card how about the GAINWARD video cards thanks guys peace:confused:

Well I am switching to the ATI cause of the price. It will easily get 7500-8000 on 3D Mark2001 at defaults. Compare that to $300+ for a GF3 TI500. Drivers are getting better!!

I'm with TranceB,

The sole reason I went with the 8500 over a ti500 was the price..

I wasn't the biggest ATI advocate in the past and I still feel ATI has thier head up thier @SS when it comes to developing and releasing adequate DRIVERS .

I have only one problem with the 8500 at present, I had to stop using Win XP as I like a game of C-Strike now and then.

I went back to 98 and even tried Win Me, but my opengl problem with the 8500 Drivers and XP just couldnt be fixed.

I tried every possible driver and option and configuration..........twice

Im able to use D3D until ATI or Bill release a driver to fix this.

Prob is a bug that intermittently shrinks my screen area to 60% of screen......More times than not

BUT
With Gigabyte, Hercules and 19 other Graphics Card Manufacturers in the picture, its possible someone in the manufacturer camp will improve the driver development and timely releases.

Back