• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E0 E8400 from newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattlyall06

Registered
i am going to be buying one soon and i reeeeallly wanna get the new E0 stepping, for obvious reasons. has anyone recently purchased an E8400 from newegg and gotten the E0 stepping? newegg lists the model number as BX80570E8400, which is the same number at the intel processor finder. does this mean i have a pretty good chance? or am i going to be gambling here.

I think it would be a gamble right now getting it from newegg. I know on tankguys.com you can request it and you will get it. Its the same situation as when the G0 Q6600's came out and people were hesitant on getting it from newegg, because they weren't sure if they were going to get a G0 or a B3 stepping.

If you want a guaranteed E0 stepping, purchase it in person from a store like CompUSA or Fry's. Although it may cost a little more, at least this way you can verify the SLB9J sSpec number on the box.

If you want a guaranteed E0 stepping, purchase it in person from a store like CompUSA or Fry's. Although it may cost a little more, at least this way you can verify the SLB9J sSpec number on the box.

thats what i was thinking. the nearest frys is like an hour away though.. and compusa closed recently in san francisco. looks like i need to some more looking around

Purchased my e8400 CPU from newegg 1 week ago (received this week) and it has the C0 stepping. I wouldnt buy it from newegg yet unless you want to take a chance.

Back