• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wich card in your opinion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That would be nice but I have a budget of like $60 since I am returning something to tiger direct :p

Well I was just given a free pci-e motherboard lol, so if I were to choose a pci-e video card would I be able to get a good card in the same price range?

Agreed.

My preference is to go with nVidia unless ATI's card for the same price is noticeably better. I generally prefer nVidia's drivers to ATI's and I don't trust ATI any more after the last 4800 series. From nVidia nothing below 9600GT or 9600 GSO makes much sense unless you get a good bargain on a used card, such as an 8800 (certain versions are more powerful than others, but let's not get too confusing).

I was about to say the HD 4670 spanks the 9500GT for the same price, but then I just saw how expensive it is on TigerDirect, why is that?

TigerDirect is weird for their prices, they have some good prices and some bad.

Can you get a used 8800 GT (or GTS or whatever) from somewhere, or even a good bargain on a new piece? That might be the best purchase, I suppose, if you knew where to look, especially if the rest of your computer remains what you had with the AGP board.

Back