• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What size PSU for my game rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

P5Q Deluxe Mobo
E8600 (will OC 4+)
Ati HD 4870x2 GPU
WD Raptor 150GB HD
OCZ PC2 9200 Ram

Also Do you see any bottleneck probs with my setup?

Are these constant voltages?
I had a 450w psu once that was 450w only at boot up then it would drop significantly lower afterwords.
Also would i need more then 1 12v rail in the psu?

Last edited:
Are these constant voltages?
I had a 450w psu once that was 450w at boot up then doped down significantly lower

Salsa,

Corsair, PCP & Cooling, some of the new, larger Antecs and others put out what they say and are advertised honestly. Check out the reveiws, these guys call it like they see it. Look for their opinions at the end of each review. Picking one for your rig will be easy. Good luck, nice rig!

I can testimony about PC Power & Cooling, I have a 470W unit, with an X2 OC to 2.6GHz( from 2.1), an 8800GT OC'd to 690/980. The 12+v rail never drops below 11.84, I talked to the guys of EVGA and they told me that rail would usually drop below 11.8 under load, guess what, never did that under heavy load. And that is a 470W unit,

I would recommend the PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W hands down.

Back