• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OC timing configuration OCZ Reaper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

I just purchased 2x 2gb PC2-8500 1066 OCZ Reaper Ram and would like to know what I should OC it to? the stock configuration is 5-5-5 @2.2v

My Gaming build:
Asus P5q-Deluxe P45
Intel E8600
OCZ Reaper 2x 2GB
2x 150gb RaptorX Matrix Raid0
950W PSU
CM Stacker 850

I just purchased 2x 2gb PC2-8500 1066 OCZ Reaper Ram and would like to know what I should OC it to? the stock configuration is 5-5-5 @2.2v
Are you sure it said 2.2v on the packaging? Those use Powerchips and will probably max out at about 2.0v.
You will need a tRFC of 50+.
Start with 5-5-5-18 and see how high they will go with different dividers and FSB settings. You want to know the max on the E8600 (with RAM 1:1) and the max on the RAM with the highest dividers you can boot with.

Eventually you will want the E8600 maxed out (this is most important).
The RAM as high as its allowed to go by the divider (this is secondary).
Then reduce timings and RAM voltage as far as you can.
Then you've found your sweet spot.

I think they come stock at 2.2v because of the built in heat pipes

hey salsa88, can you post a screenshot of your timings on Memset or in your BIOS? i'm trying to overclock my Reaper X ram, and i can't reach 1066 >.>

hey salsa88, can you post a screenshot of your timings on Memset or in your BIOS? i'm trying to overclock my Reaper X ram, and i can't reach 1066 >.>

I would but i'm still waiting on a psu and 2x hdd to come in. The stock speed for my PC2 8500 is 1066, what type of reaper x do you have? PC2 800?

Back