• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celery 766 @ 1150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerd4life

anyone know wat a celery 766 can do?? i got mine yesterday and am just aircooling it right now. got it to 1150 tonite at 100 bus. i bumped the voltage but by .05 ...think thats right:) tried to go farther and it wouldnt do anything. how far can i take these voltages on these things??

also, wats the difference between CPU Vcore Voltage and Vio Voltage?? and again, whats the limit for these???

thx alot

Vcore= raises voltage to CPU alone. I try not to go over 2.0V on a CUmine core
Vio= raises voltage to CPU, RAM, PCI/AGP... basically the entire system. Nothing above 3.65V.

You should go to the main overclockers.com page and look at the top on title bar for a thing that says "CPU Database". Click on that, and select the Celey 766 from a list, and look at the average OC, highest, lowest, and the setups used. Try to find one similar to your setup and see where it is. Not sure, but depending on the stepping of your chip, I think you've about reached the max.

Your chip probably isn't stable..

Your going to have to run stress tests on it and monitor the temperatures for the full load temperature if you did get it to 1150 with only a .5 increasement in the core then that is a sweet chip..

Go to: http://www.aoafiles.com/
Go to CPU Apps
Go into CPUStablity Tests
Download Prime 95
Then go back to CPUApps and download MBM51.exe aka Motherboard Monitor.

Setup Prime95 and then setup Motherboard Monitor's sensor to detect the temperatures in your computer.

Run Prime95 for 1hour - 1.5 hours to get your full load temperature which shouldn't exceed 45-50 and if your getting mad errors in the first 10mins means your system isn't stable and then increase the vcore by 0.5 and try Prime95 again.

Yodums

hey guys, thx for the help.

got another question now. mbm 4 and 5 both show the system temp and not the cpu temp from the bios. when i boot, the bios shows cpu temp to be 40 and system temp to be 28. but when i go into windows, it is reading 28 as the cpu temp. is this a more accurate reading coming from mbm?? or wat do i do?? ive gone through all the options and cant find where to change it to match my cpu temp from the bios. i have it all real barebones right now. but my motherboard is a EPOX EP-3VHA with a celery 766 at 766 right now until i make sure i get my temps monitored ok.

thx

I believe you didn't setup all the sensors. Since you probably only selected one sensor which was the motherboard temperature which is 28 degrees.

Yodums

thx ebola...its all by luck anyways:)

yodums.....thats wat im askin...how do i setup the cpu temp on mbm????....i put the mobo type and everything up top. thx....im gonna go check out mbm homesite too c if i can find somtin...

go to configure, then temperature, then make sure the pull down is on sensor one, then change the second pull down menu to Epox 1, then do the same for second and 3d....

Oh yea and tip:

Don't make the newbie mistake by forgetting to save settings I was stumpted since it kept on showing 0 Celius :p I wondered why :)

Yodums

Back