• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-1066 2GB $27 AMIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
consider yourself saved from the headache of RMAing it in 8 months, and then again in 8 months after that... Only real plus is for the price you can get it for after rebate most of the time you can buy a backup set, lol.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, so you don't hear as much out of happy customers, but there sure are a lot of unhappy customers squeaking about it. I will give it one thing, for the price and performance it offers, even having to RMA it a lot isnt that bad if you can afford backups as I said. I haven't seen much ram that offers the kind of price/performance ratio Ballistix does. If it didn't carry a lifetime warranty no one would buy it though.

I bought a 2x1GB set of DDR2-800 Ballistix ($50) about 1-1/4 yrs ago, and then another set ($20) about a year ago. They are both running in my rig now w/o issue (*knock on wood). Not everyone has issues w/ them, and the fact that they were so highly recommended for so long means that a lot of people had them...especially on this forum.

I Still have my ballsitix tracers 1066 running strong. they have been oc to 1200. and they run 90% of there time 1066. I'm happy with them.

Sorry i feel the need to defend the ballistics. Like another poster you always hear about the bad but never the good

Back