• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard ethernet crapping out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinks

I have an apple airport plugged into gigabit lan of a gigabyte ep35-ds3l. The connection worked for about 2 months but stopped working.
I have tried to rule out some things. I...
-tested the cable and it worked with another computer
-tried a different cable
-rebooted computer, modem, and router multiple times
-uninstalled and reinstalled the latest motherboard LAN drivers

The green light is not on for the router or the computer. The router is broadcasting wirelessly to 3 other computers with no problems.

When I installed the LAN drivers, it told me "Please shutdown and plug Realtek PCIE card to complete the installation."
So the computer isn't recognizing the onboard LAN?
The device manager doesn't have any exclamation points but doesn't have a Network or Network Card listed

Any help would be great

Yeah that's what it seems to be...Thanks

Is it better to return the mobo if it's still under warranty or buy a PCI LAN card?
Any recommendations for a card that won't break the bank or break in general?

Yeah that's what it seems to be...Thanks

Is it better to return the mobo if it's still under warranty or buy a PCI LAN card?
Any recommendations for a card that won't break the bank or break in general?

You can get these cards for ~$10 if you have a Fry's or similar near you. To me it would be worth not shipping the whole mobo back and forth, though that too is an option.

from past experiences it'll be more to ship the board than to buy a card. ON top that, factor in the down time.

Nick

if you dont need the extra pci or pcie slot, buy the card :) it will save you alot more downtime.

if you flat rate the motherboard it will be about the same price imo but that is totally up to you :) if you can spare the downtime, look into shipping prices and go from there.

Back