• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help recovering data :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFG34

I was dual booting XP home 32bit and vista Ultimate 32bit on two separate partitions on the same hard drive.

Yesterday, i wanted to re-size the partitions to give the partition that vista was on 15gb from the partition that XP was on.

So i did it with Norton Partition Magic, rebooted computer and try to boot into XP...BOOM..i get an error saying that xp is corrupt..blah blah you need to repair it blah blah.

So i pop in my XP disc, go into installation, and try to repair it...after its repaired, it rebooted my computer..i waited...

Now when it booted up, there was no option to boot into vista :S so the repair must have messed it up.

So i tried a few different things to try to boot into vista but there was no option so i couldn't.

Then when i tried to load XP, in the installation step (after repair) it said that it needs a file from the windows xp sp2 cd..but my cd was in the drive :S tried a couple of times..no go....so i installed XP fresh on the same partition that XP was installed before. (i didnt have anything important in this partition so meh)

Now im in XP, and i can't see the vista partition. It is probably hidden.

How can i see it? recover data from it?

Is the partition listed in the Disk Management window? If you are unsure, post a screenshot of it.

If it is the unallocated section, it was deleted...

You can use programs to recover it, but the only ones that I know of cost money.

Back