• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a CM 690 fit my parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dim1014

I am building a computer and the CM 690 looks like the case I want to get.

Will it fit my parts?
EVGA 780i FTW
EVGA Geforce GTX 280 FTW (might get another one of these somewhere down the line)
I guess these are the only parts that would really affect size.. Haven't decided on a PSU yet.

What do you guys think about this case? Is it good? Will it fit these parts(and possibly a 2nd vid card)? This is my first time building a machine so this kind of stuff is important :p

If so, considering this is a mid-tower case, what is the benefit of getting a full tower case? it seems like a mid tower could fit most parts.

Thanks guys!

thanks! which one do you recommend? there's the reg blue one and a green one that's slightly smaller with a window instead of 1 of the side fans.

the 690 is an awesome case if you air cool and don' thave a lot of hard drives or big air coolers. If you ever plan on Water cooling, the case will quickly run out of room. Especially if you want to keep it all internal. And the CM690 is barely a midtower case. It's a lot bigger than other mid tower cases out there. It was noticeably bigger in all dimensions than my Lian Li PC 65.

They're both the same size, neither is smaller than the other. The Nvidia Edition just has green trim instead of chrome, and a window as you said. The case's themselves are the same size. I'd recommend the regular one with the regular window side panel, simply because I dislike the green.

hm okay. newegg says the original is longer by .6 of an inch. anyways thanks guys I think I'll go with the original

Back