• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inspiron 1520

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Last December I got my gf a 1520 for xmas, we've been having problems with it lately and it will probably need to be replaced "major over heating and occasionally will shock us".

We have complete care coverage, will they send us another 1520 or will they send us a studio 15?

If your laptop is repairable they will just fix it. If its broken beyond repair, or if it is too expensive to fix, they will replace it with the same model. They will only give you a different model if your laptop is so old they don't make it anymore. You would be lucky to get anything other than an Inspiron 1520 or 1525.

Like he said, unfortunately with computer companies, they have a lot of spare parts so it's highly unlikely you'll get a different laptop.

A heat and shock issue is an electrical/ground issue, and I'm almost 100% positive they have the motherboard and cooling components lying around to just straight up repair it.

If they have a lemon policy, and it causes the same problems needing repair 3 times, on the 4th time you get a new laptop.

That's the only con of buying extended warranties directly through manufacturers, and that's that they ARE manufacturers so you're usually stuck with your laptop unless you get some kind of accidental coverage and drop it to death.

Back