• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

manually changing game resolution ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

Any one know how you can change the resolution of a game when there is no settings in the options for this???I know you can do this with emulators so there must be a way...

I believe the game would use your current desktop settings then, unless its some relic. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents.

Grande Juan said:
I believe the game would use your current desktop settings then, unless its some relic. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents.

Nah, most of the games he's probably talking about run at a set resolution (like alot of older games), which is usually pretty low (320x240,640x480).

So you wanna force it to run at something above 640x480(or whatever it is)? I think that'll be game specific, what games do you have in mind?

Zuck Gou :) said:

Nah, most of the games he's probably talking about run at a set resolution (like alot of older games), which is usually pretty low (320x240,640x480).

So you wanna force it to run at something above 640x480(or whatever it is)? I think that'll be game specific, what games do you have in mind?
its actually a newer game Guilty Gear X ..It looks to be running at 800 x 600 or maybe even 1024 x 768 heres a screen shot ...can't figure out why they wouldn't give ya the option to change the res. :confused:

OH ,and I tried changeing the desktop res. and it didn't work...

is that a game for a game counsle like ps2? if it is then u cant change it cuz ur tv deafult resolution is 320x240 and thats how the game is gonna run. In emulators it is possible to change the resolution because ur monitor resoultion is way higher than the 320x240 and if u ran the game at 320x240 on a normal monitor, it would look crappy.

ps. Im not 100% sure though, i heard this somewhere but im not completely sure:beer:

Bmxpunk86pl said:
is that a game for a game counsle like ps2? if it is then u cant change it cuz ur tv deafult resolution is 320x240 and thats how the game is gonna run. In emulators it is possible to change the resolution because ur monitor resoultion is way higher than the 320x240 and if u ran the game at 320x240 on a normal monitor, it would look crappy.

ps. Im not 100% sure though, i heard this somewhere but im not completely sure:beer:
no its a actual PC game. It was originaly a consol game though so I'm thinking they left it just like the consol thats why you dont have the option to change the resolution..I figure there has to be a way to be able to change it though....

Ottoman said:
have u tried command line options?
Do you meen the game consol commands? If so I can't even find the command to enter the consol.

Back