• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Lots of Tabs in Firefox? I found...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

I admit that I am a Tab hoar--which is why I have been using Firefox since its inception. I often have 20-30 tabs open in one window--you know--to the point where there are too many to all be displayed in one screen width.

I found, purely by accident, that if your mouse pointer is in the tab bar, you can use the scroll wheel of your mouse to scroll your tabs left and right rather than (as I have been doing up to now) clicking the left and right arrows in the tab bar to move your tabs horizontally.

I don't know if this was just recently implemented in a newer version, or if I'm just slow on the take (I'll assume the latter), but I thought I'd let all the other 'slow' people in on this--just in case...

(I know there aren't many other 'slow' people in these forums)

With the help of Tab Mix Plus add-on it is possible to configure tabs to jump to a new row (multi-row), when tabs don't fit browser's width. Very convenient.

You're just slow. :p

In all seriousness, I didn't find out until I did it by accident either. It definitely is helpful though.

didnt know that myself, i love tabs! on forums i go to new post and then just right clicck / open in new tab - once i got all the threads i am interested in i go back and read.

Ctrl + Tab = next tab
Ctrl + Shift + Tab = previous tab
Ctrl + w = close current tab
Ctrl + t = make new tab and give it focus

All I need

I use it all the time. :) Theres also the little arrow you can click on the afr right to show all of them in a list

didnt know that myself, i love tabs! on forums i go to new post and then just right clicck / open in new tab - once i got all the threads i am interested in i go back and read.

I do this too, save that rather than right mouse click and select from flyout menu I just hit mouse 3.

The downside is when you find a thread to reply to by the time you actually reply there are a few new posts. :)

Same way myself. Go to multiple websites, hit up all the new intresting stuff I want to read and open them in new tabs. Go back and read all of them, anywhere from 4-40 tabs I've had open at any given time.

Back