• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums PC Game of the Year 2008 - Nominations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

Does anybody else remember the OC Forums PC Game of the Year polls? I don't think we did one the past two years (at least I couldn't find anything, post the link if you can find them), but here are the ones from 2004 and 2005.

2004: Winner = Half-Life 2 : http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=348494
2005: Winner = Battlefield 2 : http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=419426

I say we start this back up as 2008 winds down. Basically this thread is for nominations and we will have someone with permissions start a poll in a week or so. Here is a quick list I put together of some of the most talked about and critically acclaimed PC games of 2008. Feel free to add your own suggestions and we will get a list of 10-15 games and an option "None of the above (specify)" and have someone post an official poll.

Far Cry 2
Spore
Left4Dead
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria
Warhammer Online
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

Remember, this thread is not the voting thread, it is only for nominations and discussion.

Don't forget GTA4 is now released in 2008. I haven't yet played it but the reviews seem real good. Also new Prince of Persia could be good.

Can't seem to think of any others right now.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

On the list, I've only played the above as well as Fallout 3, and CoD WaW. I just found Warcraft to be the most enjoyable of these games.

I enjoyed fallout3, but I haven't played most of the others listed, and so I can't say it is the game of the year. It was probably the best new game that I've played this year.

Screw anything WoW, I'll never consider that a game.

Besides that rant Mass Effect....does anyone remember that game? IT OWNS!!!!!

Devil May Cry 4 was pretty good as well. It was probably the most properly coded game I've ever seen. On a core 2 duo e6300 overclocked to 2.3ghz it rarely used more than 25% of each core. It's memory usage was minimal as well.

Lich King is my vote

But I'm pretty biased to blizzard ;)

To all the WoW naysayers - it really is that good, much better than TBC.

Last edited:
I would say Grid was the best racing game of the year. Fallout 3 best PC RPG of the year, and World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King game of the year. Oh and Left 4 Dead best Action/multiplayer game of the year.

Remember kids, this isn't a voting thread, this is for nominations and discussion. Since Left4Dead is already on the list, we don't need any more "nominations" for it. :)

Remember kids, this isn't a voting thread, this is for nominations and discussion. Since Left4Dead is already on the list, we don't need any more "nominations" for it. :)

We don't need nominations for anymore games period. :bday:

I know it won't get anywhere close to game of the year... STALKER Clear Sky anyone?

Last edited:
^ gonna echo the World of Goo sentiment.

great puzzle game and a good sense of humor, unfortunately it went kind of under the radar.

I don't care who wins in this poll, for me, FO3 and L4D are tied for 1st place. They both deserve the win.

Back