• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 Werid Folder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewmister

Ok so I installed IE7 a while back... The problem I am having is I have my computer with 2 drives

my main drive is for my OS and Applications

my secondary drive is for data storage and media

While browsing around I found the IE7 created a folder named "4766956e0a4a5c16a0e73b2bd1892e72" on my D drive.

I cannot delete this folder due to permissions, but I don't feel it belongs on my data drive (This drive is accessible by non Windows Operating Systems, and would be useless to have windows specific files on there.)

Why is this folder installed here instead of the C drive? Why can't it be moved? Anyone else with similar problems? I googled a few people with the same problem but cannot figure out if anyone has solved it.

M$ is flexing their power and is saying see this folder? What are going to do about it? Mwahahaha :mad:

Really I don't know. Can you open it? What is inside? Can you open those files?

There's nothing to worry about. It probably is a way that it links or catalog with the OS and update. You may find more than 1 folder like that.
It's kind of unsightly. If you really want to delete it, you can right click, choose Properties and uncheck the "READ ONLY" button. Then delete the folder.
But best is to ........ check the "HIDDEN" button and leave it alone.
It will be out of sight and won't be an eye sore anymore.

Not that anyone cares but i left it alone for a few months before deciding it really did bother me that my linux partitions are sharing this space with a horrible folder child from hell. I tried everything to get permissions to this folder and delete it but to no avail. I changed the owner of the folder to myself, I changed permissions to full control I disabled and enabled UAC at the advice of several online sites.

Problem was I was still using Microsoft... Booted Knoppix and wiped that **** off my *** so fast...

No problems on any programs or installations of IE7... super annoying

Back