• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Put a XP-120 on a e8400...surprised at the results.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

I've sold my WC setup to help bring in some cash and had a Thermalright XP-120 sitting around...decided to clean it up, buy a mounting kit and throw it on my e8400. Surprisingly...62C load @ 4.4 w/ 1.424vCore. That is with a 70cfm 120mm fan (Yate Loon ftw). I have a Very High Speed Delta coming in as well just for fun...may be old but I'm quite surprised.

54C on an Apogee GT with 8 Yate Loons in Push/Pull on 2x 120x2 radiators. That was with a 68F house, in a warmer room (74F+) it got closer to 60C, not bad IMO.

I've got an XP120 as well. Used it on my E6400. Clocked @ 3.2Ghz with 1.34v loaded temps did'nt exceed 42c with a med cfm fan. I was going to sell it, but decided to keep the classic gem.

i just replaced my ultima 90 with a lapped true.. even know people said it wouldnt see a diff.. im getting like 15C cooler temps now. might just be the lap job who knows but im happy!

Back