• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Wiring Question..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phil178821

I just purchased the MM Pinnacle case. This means I will have 6 radiator fans (push/pull) and 6 more case fans. I am in the process of purchasing the Sunbeam Rheobus.

taking a look at my fans, Yate Loon mediums, I see they have three wires, red yellow and black.

now looking at the fan controller, which has 3 pin plugs on them, i see that it uses only two wires in its three pins.

what do these wires do? will this be a problem?

Thanks,

Phil

The extra wire on the fans is for RPM monitoring. The controller doesn't have RPM monitoring so there is no wire on the extra pin. It'll work fine, I use that controller with the high speed yate's and it works great.

The extra wire on the fans is for RPM monitoring. The controller doesn't have RPM monitoring so there is no wire on the extra pin. It'll work fine, I use that controller with the high speed yate's and it works great.

Thanks Jay

Back