• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey, I'm getting pretty good at installing computer stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adaman

Got 3 computer parts for Xmas...

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 video card
BFG Tech ES SERIES ES-800 800W Continuous Power supply
and a Samsung DVD writer

Unhooked all the cables and took out the old parts and Installed all 3 new parts in less than an hour and everything worked on the first bootup. A Christmas miracle :santa2:

Guess I should test out the power supply and vid card. What program is good for checking PSU voltages? Kinda forgot how to tell if the voltage levels are good. As for the Radeon HD 4870 I guess I can run 3dmark. Haven't used 3dmark in a few years.

Got 3 computer parts for Xmas...

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 video card
BFG Tech ES SERIES ES-800 800W Continuous Power supply
and a Samsung DVD writer

Unhooked all the cables and took out the old parts and Installed all 3 new parts in less than an hour and everything worked on the first bootup. A Christmas miracle :santa2:

Guess I should test out the power supply and vid card. What program is good for checking PSU voltages? Kinda forgot how to tell if the voltage levels are good. As for the Radeon HD 4870 I guess I can run 3dmark. Haven't used 3dmark in a few years.

Congrats on the parts + install! As long as you don't cause a static shock on your sensitive mobo or any pcb, your good to go! Ground is your best friend!

-D

What video benchmark tool is most popular? There are lots of different versions of 3dmark. The free-er the better :) - Not going to purchase anything. Should I just use the newest one?

Running in Vista64 and when I try to run 3dmark it says "This application has failed to start because OpenAL32.dll was not found" - Maybe I should use a different 3Dmark.

I thought it works in V64....

There is almost no point in running anything older. Just try vantage once I guess.

It's really weird...Vantage won't run either. It "encounters an unexpected problem" when I try to launch it. Here's a pic of the error:

3dmarkerror.jpg

Back