• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Band (2.5, 5.Ghz) + Gigabit + Bandwidth Monitoring Router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barfly711

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a router which has all 3 of these functions available? I currently have DD-WRT loaded on my old Linksys WRT54G and I can't imagine ever living without it's bandwidth monitoring function. However, I would like to upgrade to a gigabit router with dual band wireless A/B/G/N capabilities. The problem is that the results for flashing these new routers seem pretty dicey on the DD-WRT forums. Possibly someone could recommend a device that provides all this functionality right out the box.

I'm sure just buying the Linskys WRT610N I'm looking at and using it as an access point/switch would be fine then use my WRT54G's DHCP and let it function as my gateway. I'd really like to keep from having two routers running like that though. Just seems too jimmy rigged and I'd like to find a single device solution.

You could try to find a WRT600N, or you can get a 610N and use your solution above until DD-WRT firmware supports it.

Back