• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
I went to play some FO3 and when i was in the main menu my mouse cursor was no where to be seen... was a bit strange, but i could still use the keys and load up my game... but once the game is loaded neither mouse or keyboard work... and no there is nothing wrong with my keyboard or mouse.

Any ideas? i really dont want to reinstall the game and start all over again....

Copy your save game files and reinstall. Then replace the savegame folder in the game's path.

iv already looked in the fallout 3 folder and i cant see any save game folders or any obvious files which relateto my saved game...

ok it gives me the option to keep my saved game files before uninstalling!! lets hope it works....

ok reinstalling hasn't helped... every once in a while when i quit out of the game coz i cant even move my character it says Fallout 3 has encountered an error and has closed n what not....

so the question is.... now what?

I was before the reinstall...

i shall update it again and see if it works...

Got a 360 controller plugged in?

Yes i do actually, it wasnt plugged in before but it has been for the last few days... if that is what is causing it im gonna feel mighty stupid!!!

I will have to reinstall the game to test... thanks for the info jayfella, i have found the save game folder and have backed it up!!

Yes i do actually, it wasnt plugged in before but it has been for the last few days... if that is what is causing it im gonna feel mighty stupid!!!

I will have to reinstall the game to test... thanks for the info jayfella, i have found the save game folder and have backed it up!!

This game automatically detects and enables 360 controllers.

I feel mighty stupid....

Unplugged the 360 controller and it works perfectly!!

Cheers everybody!!

Back