• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ReadyBoost settings aren't being remembered by Vista Ultimate on reboot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foolios

ReadyBoost settings aren't being remembered by Vista Ultimate on reboot. This is for my PNY 2GB high speed usb 2.0 drive that's Windows ReadyBoost enhanced that I bought at Best Buy.

The funny thing is, the first time I stuck it in, it said it wasn't fast enough to be used as a readyboost device(not exact wording). So I rebooted thinking maybe the drivers needed to take on a restart.
Well, I had to tell it to use it as a readyboost drive again and it took. WHen I hit properties it shows that 1800mb of the drive is used for readyboost.
But when I reboot, it forgets that it was being used as a readyboost drive.

Is there some setting I need to set to make it start up with the pc as a readyboost drive automatically?

I have another vista system that has a different readyboost thumbdrive, and just realized, it does the same thing as far as letting me set it for readyboost but then forgets it upon reboot.

Thanks in advance.

how much ram do you have in your system? After reading around I've found that if you have over 1-2GB of ram you will see no improvement whatsoever from readyboost.

ya even with 1G my uncle laptop was slower with ready boost on, even thought it wasnt usint all the ram it kept accessing the USB drive..

but his did always work though using Ultimate edition...

I don't know what changed. But when I turned on both pc's this morning to check whether they were using readyboost on the thumbdrives, they were both doing so.

Really strange. I don't know what's going on with that but I'll keep an eye on it every so often.

That other pc really seems to stay quite responsive with readyboost enabled than when it doesn't have it. That one has 2GB of ram. But it's not a dual-core proc and only has a 5700 video card.

I'm trying it on this pc too now as long as it stays enabled without disappearing like it had yesterday causing me to re-enable it several times.

Thanks for the posts. I'll see what happens over time...

Back