• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOS! Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pylet Lyght

Registered
I need help!
I just tried to swap mother boards and now the computer crashes with out loading windows!
The BIG puzzle is when I installed the mother board on the other computer it loaded up just fine. No errors, no crashing, and that was before the drivers were even installed. When I try to put it in my computer (or, just swap the HDDs..) I go through post, it detects the HDD and all that, and begins to load windows. then BSOD, it flashes so fast I cannot see what or where the error is, only the words 'corrupted' and it reboots. Heres the kicker, when I swap back, it loads just fine.
It CANNOT be the power supply, as the one in my PC is a 480w and the one in the other case is a 400w and it boots just fine on the other HDD. It cannot be the memory, as I have swapped modules with no effect. ONLY thing I can think of is the drivers, yet the other PC loaded and ran just fine before the drivers were installed.
system specs: (currently running)
K8M800 Biostar
160gb WD
4GB DDR-800
VIA chipsets
Mother board in question:
MCP6P Biostar
2GB DDR-400
Nvidia chipset
:shrug:

Its pretty rare that windows will ever survive a motherboard swap. You need to reinstall windows after you swap over to that new motherboard.

yeah its drivers you can't go from Via to Nvidia without at least doing a repair install of windows and then fixing up the drivers. I would recommend a clean install once you decide what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Back