• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damaso

hello i just bought a foxconn A7GM-S and an amd phenom 2.3 x4.I raised the FSB to 210 and was fine running at 2.4ghz but when i raised it to 215 which made it 2.5ghz it was unstable and gave me a BSOD. I thought that the processr had more in it so im just wondering if i did something wrong or if the stock fan was causing overheating. I have heard that raising the voltage of the cpu can help, but by how may mv should i raise it.

:welcome: Damaso!

I would have put this post in the AMD section, but its ok we can help you from here. Grats with the OC so far. My suggestion is to raise the Vcore by 0.05v and see if you can boot into your OS from there. If that does not work then add another .05v. If it still doesn't work come back here and lets see what we can do.

BTW it would be very helpful if you put your system specs in your signiture.

Good luck!

well i set it back to factory specs and it bluescreened twice. Now it seems to be running good, but i was wondering it i could have cause an damage by raising the bus to 215 and adding 50mV or 5v. I think i will wait on overclocking until i actually know what im doing but will my computer be stable enough to even run now?

Should be stable but if it aint could be the mobo I have had bad luck with Foxconn of corse that is just me other ppl rather like them.

Back