• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cheap speakers for my desktop ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lenix

What's up,

I decided to buy some new speakers to my computer as the ones I'm using at the moment are ****, 5.1 but very cheap stuff.

Anyways, market here is bit overpriced and it's hard to find quality stuff. I found 2 speakers within my price range:

1) Logitech X-530
2) Creative SBS A500

I'm not an audiophile, I just want something better than what I have and fine for movies/music.

What I have now is Comep ( ?? ) X-807 link

So what do you guys think ? I find G51 in the market but that's way beyond my needs / price range.

I'm tending to the Logitech ones. Will they be an upgrade for what I have now ?

Please don't recommend other ones as I'm in a bit of a hurry and I've already mentioned how ****ty the market in my country is, not many choices to choose from.

I just want to know which one would perform better.

Cheers :)

I have the x-530's hooked up to my wifes computer, For an inexpensive option I think they sound pretty decent, And more importantly, She is happy with them. I used them for a year or so and I really had no complaints, I use headphones the majority of the time now.

Both set's are pretty comparable, just don't expect them to be leaps and bounds better than what you have now.

I would probably get the logitech, based solely on their customer service. If they ever die, which cheap speakers can do, they will be very easy about replacing them.

I also found Creative LX-520 for a decent price, but by comparing specs of all sets, it seems that the logitech x-530 is the one to go with.

Thanks for the comments guys

if your looking for some speakers in this price range its almost better to just grab a good set of 2.1 speakers rather than a cheap set of 5.1's

I found Creative Inspire T6100 for the same price as the logitech ones, by comparing their specs it seems that T6100 is slightly more powerful. Bit confusing, gonna make a decision tonight :p

Back