• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is gigabytes driver download site so slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

e6600

its terribly slow. takes like 1 hour for a single 50mb file
does anyone know any alternative sites that would have faster mirrors for these gigabyte drivers?

driverguide.com But they are more for older hardware. Asus is like that too. I remember waiting 20minutes for a BETA BIOS I needed that fixed a problem with a motherboard. the BIOS file was 1MB big, too. I tried their overseas servers and it was slower.

What kind of driver is it? Is it chipset drivers, VGA, LAN? Stuff like that you can get from the chip manufacturer's site a lot faster. Realteck, you can download drivers directly from them if you know the chip you have, VGA - you have nvidia and AMD, chipset you have Intel.

most of the stuff im looking for is just for my mobo
like my lan/chipset/sound drivers, and yeah i tried driverguide.com but its for older stuff :(

I found downloading a mobo manual from the european site was much faster than the US link.

Most of the mobo makers seem to have slow file sites. Have no idea why, though.

Back