• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doing well. Let's keep the pace.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We are trending down at a fast pace. While that's not good, we no longer have teams chasing us. This means that they are trending down faster than we are. Still not good but... We are holding our own. Massive heat waves have been traveling the globe and thus forcing active folders to go dormant for a bit. This is how we survive the year long. We slow when the temps rise. As long as we pick up production on colder days, we can survive.

Presently we are only 40 active members strong. The present 40 of us are doing what we can and that's all we can ask for. Do what you can when you can.

Top 12 are earning 1 million ppd+
Top 5 are earning 10 million ppd+
Top 2 are earning 30 million ppd+
Remember all points are welcome and all points are appreciated. These are the folks who are doing very well. Thank you all.

unsafesteagle has just earned 400 million. Great job.

Now to the personal part of the update. I had intended to slow my production but instead it has threatened to halt entirely. My main folding rig with 2 x 3080's and a 3060 decieded that it doesn't see any video cards. Or rather that all three are disabled. I've been preoccupied enough that I didn't notice for a few days. I did spend about half an hour working on it the other day but its still not working. I may be able to work on it more this weekend, we'll see.

What challenges have you faced? Hardware issues? Software? Weather? Relationships? Maybe not relationships. Lets not do that one but post any issues that you faced and even overcame. We know it takes effort to fold, share what you have done to stay in the game so to speak. This includes those of you having to lay low for the summer. Your voices are important.

I finally loaded up a circuit with so much amperage draw it kicked the breaker...The PC's are within a 8' of my service panel closet. It was easy to add a separate 20A ARC/GFCI receptacle...Problem solved. It was interesting because I only walk on my tread mill , but when my daughter and SIL ran on it , it drew just enough current to trip it.

As long as I was fiddling I replaced 2 breakers that the rest of the basement receptacles are on and replaced them with the newer ARC/GFCI combo breakers that are out now. I had the circuits protected as the first receptacle on each circuit was a GFCI which then protected everything downstream. I was too cheap 30 years ago to buy breakers.

While I was at it I removed an electrical/mechanical timer switch housed in a medium sized box. It was for my driveway lights. I replaced it with a 4" handy box to junction it. It had been clicking away for years on bypass as it was superfluous with the "Smart" switch I added years ago. The smart switch does all the timer functions thru an app on my phone. The old thing was always a pain anyway as you had to manually set it for daylight savings time....and it had a mechanical on/off needle that would fall off a couple times a year.

Anyway it was back to the golf course this morning.. :cheers:

Oh and my numbers have dropped not just because I shut down , but the WU's have been low PPD.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a reponse from ASRock support on my board. However I'm not at home for another 2 weeks.

Power bill is really starting to hurt here. I may finally bite the bullet and go grab a 3080 to replace the 3x big Pascal cards on DaystromInstitute. Should pay itself back in the year with the power savings. Just have to find time to make it the half hour to micro center...

Power bill is really starting to hurt here. I may finally bite the bullet and go grab a 3080 to replace the 3x big Pascal cards on DaystromInstitute. Should pay itself back in the year with the power savings. Just have to find time to make it the half hour to micro center...
I have some listed in the FS section...make me an offer. Free shipping to T32 mates. :cheers:

@torin3 , Looking fwd to see your multiple GPU project gain some traction. Best of luck!

Good news. ASRock is actually REPLACING the board. I got shipping confirmation that it will be delivered Saturday. I won't be home until the follwing Saturday, but my SIL is bringing in mail and packages daily while we are gone. (Also feeding the 7 cats we have.)

Good news. ASRock is actually REPLACING the board. I got shipping confirmation that it will be delivered Saturday. I won't be home until the follwing Saturday, but my SIL is bringing in mail and packages daily while we are gone. (Also feeding the 7 cats we have.)

I'm confused. I got the same board back as I shipped out. I re-read the support email and I'm positive he said I'm getting a replacement board with a new serial number, but what I got has the same serial number (and a bit of cosmetic damage that is the same) as the board I shipped out.

I sent a follow-up email asking if it was repaired instead, and if so, what was wrong with it.

(Frustrated....)

I got a reply. Apparently he mixed my email up with another RMA. On mine they said they found bent pins, and fixed them and were able to boot it up and run it.

So, I'm going to very carefully install 2 CPUs and try again. Maybe this weekend.

Here's hoping it works, now once you get it all running, you better not pass me or I'll have to send my basslope guided missile to get you :)

BASSLOPE.GIF

Ok, I'm actually writing this from the ASRock server system. Ubuntu is install, but if i can't get it running FAH quickly, I'm going to switch to Win10pro.

Ok. I can't get it to recognize 3 cards. Sometimes after rebooting it only recognizes one. Sometimes it never gives me a login display.

I'm going to try Win10Pro and see what I can get there.

Back