• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gary's Mod should be free

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because up until the last version (Gary's Mod 10) he did work alone, basically, and it was free. The last version he actually partnered with Valve to develop some extra features and thus, is able to sell it on Steam.

Well, if he can do what he loves and make money at it, why not? I can't blame him for wanting to make a living.

Agreed. I thought it was a well justified $10.

agreed. I wanted to buy gary's mod in december, but since I was going to Rome I decided to hold back until I get back. It's so much fun, I play the previous versions that were free and had more fun than I did with pretty much most games that I do/did play.

think of it this way, if you spent hundreds of hours programing something would you want to make some money off of it if you could?

Yeah, I can't blame a guy for making a few bucks on something he poured his heart into. If you don't want to spend the 10 bucks, download 9 for free.

Back