• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh boy, corrupted my user profile.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Well apparently I pushed my graphics card too far (900 core, 1200 mem and 2000 shader. confirmed by gpu-z, but my 3dmark scores were lower than stock lol) and windows didn't want to fully start up. It would get to the desktop and after loading a few things I would get a black screen and have to reboot.

After this happened a few times, it would say that my user profile is corrupted (and to go see my system administrator no less!). After some googling, it seems that I need to make a new profile and copy everything sans the NTUSER.dat, NTUSER.dat.log, and some other file with ntuser in it. I'm guessing most all of my settings are going to be shot, so is there any way to recover this file?

Also, seeing as my other installation of XP boots fine, I'm guessing that something is still overclocking the snot out of the GPU. I'm in SAF-T-MODE (safe mode) right now and already uninstalled everything related to GPU overclocking. I also went through autoruns and deleted stuffs in there as well. Is there anything else I need to do? (I'm guessing I'll find out here in a few min when I reboot anyways)

OS is XP SP2, for the win.

(Oh, and now my GPU will only do 850 core, 1100 mem and about 1800 shader. Should have taken a screenshot while I had the chance. :()

Try running chkdsk /r from the control console first. It might fix the files for you and save you a lot of trouble.

Back