• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Continious reconnect XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsertName

Registered
Recently did a fresh install of windows xp pro (wierd it didnt popup the network settings during installation).. anyway updated all the drivers etc. sp3.
When doing any activity on the net, it will connect/reconnect like crazy.
funny thing is, when i boot up my old xp sp3 on another harddrive on this same pc, no problems. And when plugging directly into my modem, no problems either on this fresh install. And, but my other secondary computer works fine on the router.

Edit: it is a wired connection, and have tried other cables, and it will only fail when doing any kind of load on the net.

Did that make sense ? :p. im just confused here, i cant seem to rule out anything.

when it continiously reconnects it generates these Event codes.

Attachments

• prob.GIF
    prob.GIF
    12.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
You have pretty much narrowed it down yourself.

Since your other install doesn't have the issue and connecting directly fixes the issue on the broken install, you can safely rule out hardware. Either you have bad drivers, bad install or some setting that is wrong.

Start with drivers.

You have pretty much narrowed it down yourself.

Since your other install doesn't have the issue and connecting directly fixes the issue on the broken install, you can safely rule out hardware. Either you have bad drivers, bad install or some setting that is wrong.

Start with drivers.

Well, i´ll be damned, that seemed to fix it. Easy as that.. I would had thought the same problem would appear when connected directly, if it was the lan driver. And had already tried the drivers. But something must had gone wrong yes.

Did XP keep on flashing "A network cable is unplugged" in the tray?

That balloon keeps popping up and disappearing?

Yep, it flashed like crazy! almost faster than the human eye could register.

I encountered that problem with a PC I was working on. I was surprised I could download anything without them being cut off.

I encountered that problem with a Biostar M7-VKQ, which is socket A, with a T'bred 2000+.

Back