• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling on an acer aspere 5515

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smallsci

i got this acer aspere 5515 cheap thing at wallmart it came with the amd 2650e athlon 1.6 ghz singal core and swaped it out for an amd 4850e 2.5ghz runs good but some times gets a little hot i was wondering if there was a good cooling program or fan upgrade that i could get i think a little bigger fan whould do the trick but cant find an upgrade help!

Lets talk about the case. How many 120mm or 80mm fans are on the case? And what HS are you cooling the CPU with? And a 4850 makes a lotta heat and dumps it right into the case.

Lets talk about the case. How many 120mm or 80mm fans are on the case? And what HS are you cooling the CPU with? And a 4850 makes a lotta heat and dumps it right into the case.

Probably 40mm fans. :)

-I would suggest using the best TIM you can buy; Coollaboratory Liquid Pro if your HSF base is COPPER, and you know what what you are doing. ICD7 Diamond TIM if you have a Aluminum base,

-Use Speedfan to keep you little fan at 100%. Ear killer yes, cooler though.

-Of course Lap the HSF.

Other than that, there is really not much you can do.

Back