• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1TB SATA Hard Drive with Cavalry Silicone Protective Shell $89.99 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI, that's not a full 7200RPM drive. The "Green Power" drives are supposed to dynamically change between 5400rpm and 7200rpm depending on usage. You might not get the performance you expect out of it.

Nice, I'm not sure what the point of a protective silicone shell is on an internal drive though :p Looks like it's the WD10EACS still as well which is a perfectly fine mass storage drive but not as good as the WD10EADS. Or maybe the pic is just old and there's a chance you might get the updated drive.

As for the shell, that is the first thing I remove, it's pointless.

I don't need a performance mass storage drive so these fit the need well.

FYI, that's not a full 7200RPM drive. The "Green Power" drives are supposed to dynamically change between 5400rpm and 7200rpm depending on usage. You might not get the performance you expect out of it.

I know this isn't really a discussion forum, but I would like to point out that they have a fixed rpm. The whole 5400-7200 rpm business means you can get a drive with a rpm between 5400 and 7200 rpm.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article786-page2.html

I know this isn't really a discussion forum, but I would like to point out that they have a fixed rpm. The whole 5400-7200 rpm business means you can get a drive with a rpm between 5400 and 7200 rpm.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article786-page2.html

Well what the heck!! Good work on the research. I skimmed it but it does seem that it's just stuck at 5400rpm...

I wish my 1.5TB Seagate was green power. :( It's in my HTPC.

ya they say it is dynamic... its not its 5400 rpms all the time.

Actually, it looks like that myth is busted. And it makes sense, otherwise you'd hear the drive spinning up and down as the rpm changes. I own one and they don't do that. The sound is constant.

With the high data densities, the only area where the 5400 rpms comes into play is the seek time. It would make these rather poor OS drives, but great for media storage and other data dumping purposes.

Back