• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memset doubt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

Im trying to use memset. some settings if i move it crashes, but others give performance and others takes performance.

can someone tell me wich one sho i lower/raise?

memset111.jpg

thanks

damit man, never to use this kinda software to adjust your ram..

u must do it in Bios,. n btw. are u infected from 3dguru? if yes. im sixthavenue :p

damit man, never to use this kinda software to adjust your ram..

u must do it in Bios,. n btw. are u infected from 3dguru? if yes. im sixthavenue :p

Why?

This software is great for finding your optimal timings more quickly.

Just write down your timings as you go, and record if they help or not.

Once you get done, you can then enter all timings permanently in the BIOS.

If you get a crash it's easy b/c you know that timing needs to stay where it was. Its the cases where it goes from totally stable to only 12hrs+ stable that are tricky.

Another tricky matter is that Everest is not always consistent. You might need to run it 3-4 times and take an average.

There is no formula for this. You just have to experiment and find your individual hardware's limits. You shouldn't have to raise any timings...just try lowering them. If its too much trouble then just leave the timings where they were. The most important timings are the top section, and Performance Level.

and about memset, been playing with that yesterday, but i have some doubts.

memset111.jpg

tRDD is RAS# to RAS# Delay in bios?
tRFC is Row Refresh Cycle Time in bios?
Write to Precharge Delayed is Write Recovery Time is bios?
tRTP is Read to Precharge Time in bios right?

I tried tweak memory timings with memset and had good results, but then i put then in bios, then i reboot do a bandwidth test or check memset and their not he same settings that i putted in bios..

tRDD is RAS# to RAS# Delay in bios? No
tRFC is Row Refresh Cycle Time in bios? Yes
Write to Precharge Delayed is Write Recovery Time is bios? No
tRTP is Read to Precharge Time in bios right? Yes

I'm not 100% on those answers above, but you'll just have to experiment.

My BIOS lists the current timings in use. Does yours? If so, you can narrow down the possibilities by looking for timings that match. There may be certain situations where the BIOS doesn't have certain timings listed. If so, just don't worry about them. Chances are the gains are negligible anyway for that timing.

Basically, just guess in the BIOS if you can't figure it out, and then see what happens when you boot and then fire up memset. If the timings don't match what you wanted then try again until you figure it out.

Back