• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.7+ voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brwnfldl

Registered
so ive tried to push closer to the 4ghz mark but im having troubles. with water ive been able to keep my temps under control but where im unsure is how high to push the voltages. take a look and see how much further you think I can push and not fry my chip or board. my highest multi is 7 and I cant seem to post over a 520 fsb, will even higher on the NB v allow for a higher fsb? thanks

Attachments

• vvt.JPG
    vvt.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 102
That commando is a very stout board, I would think with proper cooling it should be fine around 1.7, any higher I would say no way.

You may just be at the wall on that chip. Have you checked to see what others with a similar chip have gotten?

Ouch!! I dont think i would try to push that far!!! I found when cpus are nearing their wall you tend to have to ramp the voltages up almost exponantally. what core stepping are you running???? If I tried voltages like that on a 90nm It would have nuclear meltdown. but I have gotten a 90nm up to 4.0ghz at 1.42v but it wasnt stable,, steping down to 3.9ghz i had to run it at 1.3625v and at 3.8ghz I can get it to run at 1.35v.

Back