• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap but good amp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Looking to amp my new HD250's. Suggestions? I wanna stay in the 50$ range, but if I gotta spend about 100$ to get something okay, then so be it.

I'm not neccessarily an audiophile, but my speakers are going out and my neighbors are very touchy about noise anyway... so... suggestions?

You can always do a CMoy. You can build them yourself or buy them built...usually around $40 to $60. Theyre small too, you can fit one in an Altoids can.

That's definitely an option. I'm looking for the buy it variety at the moment, but if worst comes to worst, i can beg my girlfriend to make me one. She's an engineer, and while I'm sure I can make one, I'm a programmer, not an engineer. She's more training than I do (none) in the subject.

By the way, size isn't a factor. It's going to sit on my desktop. I just need something that improves sound volume and possibly clarity that doesn't break the bank. Not having to jump through hoops to hook it up is a plus too.

Back