• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Savage 2 is also free now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Checked some more videos and this game is better than I expected. Didn't pay much attention to it and thought it's just some typical free to play garbage with boring gameplay. The downsides seem to be there's nothing special about the story and there's not much character customization, but the gameplay looks much better than all those "stand in one spot and autoattack while spamming special attack button" MMO's which are all about boring grinding. And gameplay is what matters most. I'm really liking the Scout playstyle. Some more videos:

Commander PoV:

Scout PoV:

Classes Overview: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=04C27650D808D28E

There seem to be a TON of classes, each with different playstyles. Depending on what you choose, it is an FPS (ranged weapons), 3rd person Action RPG (melee), and RTS (Commander) all combined. The speed and freedom of movement in combat is probably the best I've ever seen in a persistent online RPG (+fps+rts).

This game gets the award for.... "best unpopular title"... I played like, too many hours in a row... haven't played one game this much since... FF7 I think. Very addicting for people who like good PvP games based more on skill than gear/class.

Strange, it's the opposite of a certain other game with a similar name and from an unknown company. Sacred 2 - the biggest disappointment. Do NOT bother with that garbage... what kind of game lets you only hotkey 4 skills. Really stupid design. Then I thought that Savage 2 would suck because of its similar 'never heard of that company' thing, and zero advertising. But it turned out to be one of the best pvp games I've played so far.

If you download, use the torrent from BitTorrent on the webpage, I got some smoking speed on the download.

Yea, I'll stress that this is a very hardcore oriented game. It is very hard to master, aka the skill cap is very high (unlike WoW for example, where the skill cap for learning is very low). You need tons of practice to become very good at the combat. Unlike pretty much all other PvP games out where you just select a target and spam skills.

Against most people I've gotten decent (can win fights 1v1-3) but against the veteran players I'm terrible. Timing your attacks, blocking, skill use, movement and accuracy all requires tons of practice to 'perfect', well, get as close to perfect as possible since being perfect there is pretty impossible.

People who don't like competitive online games be warned; this one might not be for you. But for those on the neverending search for the 'non-casual game that doesn't suck', this is probably the closest thing right now. Other games cater to casuals too much and are way too easy to play.

Back