• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 285 and HX620W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Im the first to admit I am a PSU n00blet.

With 50a over the 3 x 12v rails, and with the GTX285 requiring 40a as per manyufacturers recommendations, will this PSU be enough?

Corsair link

Current system is:

Foxconn Mars
X3220 G0 @ 450X8 = 3600
2 x 250gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 perps in RAID 0
2 x 2 GB Mushkin Extreme

PSU is also running a custom WC system with a MCP655 pump.

PS - it should be obvious, but in case it isnt I plan on OCing this GPU as far as humanly possible without setting my house on fire :D (no volts mods)

Thanks!

Last edited:
40a is what is recommended on the +12v rail not the draw of the 285GTX. You should be fine.

Im the first to admit I am a PSU n00blet.

With 50a over the 3 x 12v rails, and with the GTX285 requiring 40a as per manyufacturers recommendations, will this PSU be enough?

Corsair link

Current system is:

Foxconn Mars
X3220 G0 @ 450X8 = 3600
2 x 250gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 perps in RAID 0
2 x 2 GB Mushkin Extreme

PSU is also running a custom WC system with a MCP655 pump.

PS - it should be obvious, but in case it isnt I plan on OCing this GPU as far as humanly possible without setting my house on fire :D (no volts mods)

Thanks!

Dawg,

Agree, you have plenty, not even close as long as you run one 285. Overclock the whole system all you want. :thup:

Well, I'm sure they suggest those psu's with atleast a 50 watt space for tweaking. I'm sure that you have enough amps.

TY for the info guys. Took me HOURS to snake my PSU wires in every nook and cranny just how I wanted them, so replacing the PSU would really be like starting a new rig from scratch. I just dont want to invest the time right now to do that and Im quite happy with the overall setup so Im glad to hear the PSU will accomplish what I need from it.

Thanks again :)

Back