• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

innernet problem with CS:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

internet, cox premium. Routinely getting 1MBps+ download. Just downloaded Grid last night at 1.2-1.4 the whole time.

Finish downloading the game, decide to play css, load it up, find servers, it takes a moment and finds 45, 100 or 200, sometimes it finds 400, rarely does it find more.

My connection setting in game is set to dsl 768 but it didnt change when i went to 10mbps. I tried deleting clientregistry.blob from the steam folder and restarting. sometimes it helps for a few minutes.

whenever i click one of the available servers it gives me the server info and says ping 45ms then it pauses and jumps to 1000+ every. single. time.

once in a while i'll connect and it takes forever.

once i connected quickly and just said instantly "client timed out"

this is in phoenix area and it's been happening a ton lately. all these problems and my download speed is fine.

I have a router but the modem is hooked to my computer.

i installed source on my roommate's pc and he got the same issue. we're both running vista 64 sp1.

:(

Tried setting your rates in the Console?

rate 15000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_cmdbackup 2

If that's too much, try halfing the rates :) I haven't played CS:S in ages, maybe I'm confusing the rates with CS1.6, but I hope I've been some help to you :)

Back