• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on NZXT Panzerbox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michael Biehn

Registered
NZXT Panzerbox

From a preview on crunchgear:
Panzerbox features the best airflow in its class, boasting two 190mm and one 120mm fans that churn out a combined 300 CFM.

Thoughts on this case? To me, it looks like a winner... the only thing missing is a side window, but that is easy to overlook when you consider the potential performance. And it isn't as if you can't cut out your own window, post purchase.

The only thing that I'm wondering about is with fans that large, will the case be able to maintain pressure? I know 120mm, just wondering what 190mm fans will perform like.

Looks nice on the outside, and I like the included 120x2 radiator mounting. However, as an owner of the NZXT Rogue, I can tell you how badly limited the user will be when it comes to video card cooling. Like the Rogue, the Panzerbox places the PSU above the card slots. (Above as in the direction the card moves when removing the card.) This leaves little clearance for easily removing the cards or for cooling them.

So far, I've been EXTREMELY impressed with NZXT in general. Though, my friend owns the common Antec and they've been good to him as well.

NZXT included labeled screw bags, PSU mounting brackets(2), and A SCREWDRIVER!! Now I'm not sure if that's the case with all of their cases ;0, but it was nice nonetheless.

Cool looking case though. And with a name like 'Panzer' how could you go wrong?

Most NZXT cases I hate with a passion due to quality of the lower end cases however it's a different story with the ADAMS and this little fella.

This new panzer box has a psu in the way for installing pci device so it's somewhat a hassel however thanks to it's location, the cpu area has enough clearence for a normal tower cpu cooler. Lian-li makes cases with similar specs and dimensions too however they place the psu over the cpu, ie: PC-A06F

I like it, it seems like it would be a nice HTPC for me though and not a mian rig case.

That mod is looking pretty good and I like the huge 250 that he put on the top.

Seems like a hit for the SFF crowd. However in terms of purely aesthetics I prefer the audio component look such as the Antec Fusion and some thermaltake HTPC cases.

what the price point on the panzer?

Back