• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coincidence?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

or not?
Booted up the Gigabyte yesterday and lo and behold,, Vista is borked. Wouldn't boot start. Just held at the "starting" screen.
Safe mode wouldn't work either.
The last thing I did before I shut down the day before yesterday was installing FAH for the cpu/gpu's.
Is this just a coincidence or did I do something wrong with the installs?
FYI, setting up my Rampage system now, while I reinstall the Giga Vista.

weird I would say coincidence for sure as I have never had a hosed OS from installing F@H in anyway...

weird I would say coincidence for sure as I have never had a hosed OS from installing F@H in anyway...

Aggreed. I've seen my friends vista based pc just stop working for no reason at all. Thankfully it only happend once. Glad to see you joining the team :D

coincidence

maybe?

kinda like my post being above yours?

I'd like to know how a sata cable, just out of the blue,,, goes bad... :shrug:
It was the sata cable :mad:
Was going to do the Rampage Ex. exchange anyway. That's how I narrowed it down to the cable. It did the same thing with a different system set up.

Was there any sharp bends in it? They can cause faults. But if there wasnt thats just wierd.

Upgrade to Windows 7 and you won't regret it....I am so glad I am done with Vista forever.

The sata cable was probably bad to begin with and just barely worked for a little while. Oh well cheap fix atleast.

Back