• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 1200 - not a mod, I just like my new case :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Got my new Antec 1200 in, along with 5 S-Flex F (replaced all case fans except the 200mm) and 2 S-Flex G (CPU fans). My attempt at cable management doesn't seem to good to me. Any suggestions on improving the rats nest? Also, is electrical tape going to stay stuck on the base of the TRUE? The yellow tape for temp sensors that came with the fan controllers doesn't stick well at all. They keep falling off of where I've put them.

you should run stuff behind the case, plan every thing out. Look at my build in my sig might give you some idea's

I don't see five hard drives in your pics :) I need to order extensions for the 24-pin and 8-pin. They're too short for me to put them behind the panel. The rat's nest I was referring to is the back :) Unless every cable is made significantly longer (so that I can put them flat against the panel without bending them so much that they break) or significantly shorter (so that I don't have to put them behind the panel at all), I'm not sure how to go about organizing those.

The 8 pin should be able to fit in the gap betwen the bottom of the graphics and the motherboard. That should save it from going over and looking ugly.

You're slightly hampered by the HX; their cables are shorter than the TX series. For everything that's long enough, run it through the bottom hole and then back through the respective mid & top holes. Of course, length predicates which ones you can do that with, but I bet both PCI-E cables would reach.

Here is a set of extensions if you're interested.

You'd definitely benefit by either sleeving the rainbow wires or using split-loom / cable wrapping.

Just FWIW...good luck!

The PCI-E cables do reach, but the edge of the graphics card is so close to the hole that I have to bend the cables too tightly to plug them into the card. Having the main power cable out of the way would probably fix that, though.

Just cut some more holes in the case, I think I cut like 8 extra holes in my case just for cables that route to my mobo, its a, amazing case if you make it look good

Back