• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master V8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godzilla

i was wondering if the v8 uses push/pull seeing as though the fan is in the middle of the heatsinks. Also can the fan be taken out and faced the opposite direction depending on air flow etc?

Wow u got a good comp. Im preety sure you can change the direction but i dont know about the push/pull.

Them v8 look like they weigh as much as a case! How does it cool?

i haven't got one, which is why i'm asking all these questions, but everyone seems to be ignorant so i'm not getting any helpful answers!

Well, you might be able to. Being as there are people who have done it with other sinks, but I'm not sure if anything on it would get in the way like plastic and such.

because i wouldn't want it to be upside down?

Honestly, to me that hsf looks like a "symmetrical" device. I see no "upside down" ahead if you just install it so that the fan blows into the direction you want i to. Or am I misunderstanding your "opposite direction" here somehow?

Anyhow, looking at the top view, the removable fan holder (the black plastic dongle), seems like it can be mounted either way around. Here Also the heatsink itself seems symmetrical enough for the fan to get in place.

Back