• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 X64 and RivaTuner issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augie1111

RT tells me that the W7 beta nVidia 185.81 driver is not supported. Anyone been down this road yet as I'm :bang head ATM to get this going, for folding of course. Thanks as always all.:):soda:

It says that but it still works =)

I wish it did but can't as you can see from the screen pic. Normally in Vista, RT would give me a second configuration option where I could change shaders etc. for both cards but now only gives me the option to change fan options. However, RT does see both cards, as in their OC speeds, temps and fan settings, just not low-level options.

I was only able to OC my primary card using eVGA's 'Precision' but it still doesn't show the second one, same as in Vista X86. In nVidia's 'Control Panel' it shows both my displays although the second one shows up as an analog 1024x768 using a dummy plug as I did in Vista X86.

Since W7 RC now has a 13 month trial, I'd love to set this up properly for OC'ing but will now try installing the GPU clients and hope that the second card is recognized, it won't be optimum but better than nothing. Am I missing something real simple?

I'll keep ya'll up to date on my progress or lack thereof.:soda:

Attachments

• RT screen.PNG
    RT screen.PNG
    48.4 KB · Views: 881
The Beta 185.81 x64 Vista drivers work in Win7, and are compatible w/ RT...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_185.81_beta.html

Thank you for that as it's working perfectly! I must of been :bang head too long to remember that most Vista drivers work in W7 too. Wow, I'm running a couple of 5752 WU's, 511 pointers, and they are going like gang busters @ 2 min./frame compared to Vista. I must have something wrong in there as 511's were suddenly taking 12hrs. to complete!:eek:

@torin3: I'll be receiving a 260-216 next week so I'll try your method on my X2 machine. Thanks man.:beer: Yes, it's beer time, no more useless soda calories today!;) :D

I'll take my time now with VM.;) :beer::beer::beer:

Back