• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver, Game or toasted card... bet now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

Well im into record temps on my system and all is not well.
Blackout.jpg
Is it drivers, the game or GPU death?

clocked back to default except the CPU and the blackness continues :(

Have I had my fun... only F3 seems to be suffering so I hope its my stupid beta drivers and not something more serious.

any take on it?

Driver version 185.85

I know the drill but if anyones seen this and got the T-shirt it saves time :)

Last edited:
well I just furmarked it at 1920x1200 and no problem at all, core hit 42`c and ambient went from 33`c to 40`c case ambient 28`c regional temp today 20`c
drivers at default settings and not clocked.

I bet on drivers or settings.

(make also a research in google like F3 Nvidia Black zones

Did you patch up that game ? I also ran into dozens of bugs within the first month of it's release.
Now I am on the third playthrough to make the almost perfect + bobblehead guy and there is only the microstuttering what remains as that's an engine synchronization result (a bit annoying one especially outside) otherwise runs totally fine.

yep I did before posting and only really found some generic issue with the game blacking out at startup, not slices of black like some light effects not working right.

i`ll find some older drivers and see if it goes away... maybe between a driver version and an F3 patch perhaps.

nothing else seems to be failing so I blame the game being held together with `sticky tape` #Laughs#

I just wanted to have a mess on it today and now im fault finding... should have bought a console #Chuckles#

PC`s ay. You spend more time putting them right than actual use sometimes, what a farse.

just run `into the pink` demo first... that showes driver issues up well too.

yep its patched to date unless I need to have another look for this months troubles :)

Kuroimaho - if youve got multi GPU power you can edit some cap on the frames and physX thing, mine couldnt keep the Phys engine up to speed but if it works theres much less judddering and stuttering.

but as for micro stutter... im a one card guy.

I did see a lot of bugs with the early version as you say... seems a waastefull way to render layers of ground you carnt see (unless it falls apart in game) but I just use the product. The production is far beyond me.

(I built the machine to get lost in this game really... it was the insparation to get another PC built capable of eating some serious graphics)

note. the bug only occures in buildings. (when the GPU cards less stressed)

Last edited:
Well I just made sure the latest patch was on and no joy... then I turned the AA settings from 8x down to 4x (ultra settings) and it went away :)

Its an Anti Alias bug... YEAY! :D

Time to clock the card again and see how it goes :)

no blackouts.jpg
Winner! :)

Thanks for the help Zantal & Kuroimaho you helped save my gaming day ;)

Time to go shoot stuff, its by no means a perfect game but I love it :D

Cheers sandyduff :)

ya know F3 reminds me of some areas round your way #Chuckles#
some places like it here as well #Laughs#

wounder if theyll make a patch for the local dialect, we can call it practice then ;)

warm up your way today?

warmest ive been since leaving Bulgaria a few week back. Thus the wondering what exactly had gone wrong.

hahaha!!

"What crap weather we are having today... is that a big minging mutant 'hing over there?"

"I 'hink it is... ya got yer phone on ye? Lets go happy slap that c**t!!"

That Fallout 3... FIFE STYLE!!

LOL

yes indeed LOL

pleased I wasnt sipping my quintacential english cup `o tea when I read that or there would have been monitors to clean.

pleased its not just me that has to deal with the angry meek minded in this country #Chuckles#

(just make sure you win! ;))

Luckily i live in a quiet street full of young families and old folk... my neighbours even bring my bin in coz im at work!! Never had that before!!

Its quite sad but everytime i read my last comment, i laugh just coz its so easy to imagine...

I hate to break the mould but.... i hate tea... my girlfriend loves it however and more than makes up for it....

should like Whiskey shouldnt you? #Chuckles#

My neighbour brings my bin round... because they leave it behinid his car #Laughs#
(I am ok with him though, always ask if hes doin allright when I see him about)

Not piecefull round here though, got flats full of junkies watching my every move and the week I moved in there was police tape and forensics everywhere (Murder)

nice place really LOL

well it was my thread `n the problems solved so no offence over here thus far ;)
maybe were just too scared to go out, or too stupid to use PM #Laughs#

Its the UK way, saw you on the street id clutch my wallet and veer off #Chuckles#

sure it gets on other nations tits anyhow, the evidence mounts :-/

I`ll talk to anyone though, im just like that to break the sterile day to day predictiveness life sticks you in.

I built the machine to get lost in this game really... it was the insparation to get another PC built capable of eating some serious graphics

Same for me, when I read new Vegas will be out next year I thought if I upgrade now that card will do both games in high. Then the 2 new addons announced last week are the cherry on top of it.

Kuroimaho - LA LA LA LA LA #Fingers in ears#

your scaring me with temptation, my life needs a foot up its behind (no time to explore new exciting alternate worlds :-/)

Tell me I need to work myself to the edge... its healthier for my situation :D

everytime I have a go the days gone!

Back