• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stable Geforce driver for Cyberpunk and COD: Vanguard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BatmansHardware

Registered
My new spec system is in my sig.

So I did have GeForce Experience and was updating to the latest drivers.
I use Steam for Rome Total War remastered.
I use GOG for Cyberpunk.
I use Battlenet for COD: Vanguard

Medium settings, no overclocking. Get game crashes every 10 min except for Rome Total War.

I thought maybe I was overheating as my fans were on silent for the case so I decided to use NZXT cam and GPU Tweek II to launch gaming fan control speeds.

Same problems with Cyberpunk and Vanguard crashing out.

I rolled back the driver to the most stable one. Cyberpunk got better but Vanguard demanded I upgrade to play the game. I use High settings, not Ultra. 1920 x 1080

Basically I get a Cyberpunk has flatlined error message 10 min into the game. Vanguard tells me Error The Application Has Unexpectedly Stopped Working Error 10 min in.

So my question is, what driver can run both those games with a system like mine without errors or what alternatives could I do?

Thanks

Good question...but to be clear, all of these games are crashing at some point, correct? I see Rome TW mentioned at first, then you mentioned it doesn't crash. I doubt steam/gog/battlenet have anything to do with it.. but I've been surprised before, lol.

I stay away from GFE though and all my settings are adjusted in-game/without the need for that extra software (crutch). Unless you absolutely need something in GFE, don't install it. CAM is also notoriously buggy. For giggles, uninstall CAM and try a fresh driver install (use DDU to uninstall - make sure GFE is gone...a real uninstall), don't install with GFE. See if that helps.

Sadly, you need the new driver in order to play the new game... perhaps a beta or something comes out ASAP to fix it. Are there any 'known issues' about this in the driver release notes? Check if you haven't.

Rome remastered is fine but the other two games are moe GPU intensive I would think. I have uninstalled CAM and I don't have GeForce Experience but I will try another DDU and install 496..49 again. It says it supports Vanguard so its a bit odd that Vanguard crashes just like Cyberpunk does.

What are the specifics for your RAM, you never mentioned if this is a new system or just a new issue

RAM is Corsair Vengence 4 x 8GB DDR4 2133

Nvidia drivers 496.49 readme says compatible with Vanguard.

DDU clean install of that driver. No Geforce Experience installed.

COD Crashes after 15 min on High mode. Battlenet wants scan & repair.

Battlenet wants scan & repair.
That doesn't sound like a driver issue. Not sure what's up.

Does the event viewer shine any light on why the game(s) crashed?

I posted my problem on Blizzard COD: Vanguard forums and they deleted it. Not promising.

I posted my problem on Blizzard COD: Vanguard forums and they deleted it. Not promising.
OH wow, really? Did you not follow a rule or something? That doesn't sound typical.

Regardless, a quick google shows you are not remotely alone in this happening. I'm not convinced this is your system or the software you have installed at this point. Maybe a driver or game fix is on the horizon?

OH wow, really? Did you not follow a rule or something? That doesn't sound typical.

Regardless, a quick google shows you are not remotely alone in this happening. I'm not convinced this is your system or the software you have installed at this point. Maybe a driver or game fix is on the horizon?

I contacted support instead of the forum and they have redirected me to Activision, so it appears Battlenet doesn't think it's their issue. That explains that.

I will try the link you gave me. BTW, yes I did the DDU install and reinstall process.

Thanks again.

Oh, you actually did that in battlenet forums? Yeah, that's just the vessel to the game (like steam or GOG), so, that makes sense, actually. All they do is connect you/allow you to play the game. You've been playing it for 10-15 mins/clearly able to connect so, yep, not them, lol.

Did you try uninstalling the game, rebooting, DLing and resintalling the game?

Keep us posted on what Activision support says. :thup:

According to a user on the Nvidia forums, AMD has updated its Radeon/Ryzen Chipset drivers. Even though I have GeForce I still need to do the latest AMD chipset driver install. There is an automatic downloader that installed AMD Processor Power Management Support and this is supposed to help with my problem. So I will try this out.

Cool... give it a whirl... hope it works.

Note, the chipset driver is for the CPU. Just because you have a NV GPU, isn't relevant as it's for the board/CPU only.

I see you have W11........and yes, W11 had problems with Ryzen CPU performance... but I didn't hear about any crashing. But yes, AMD updated the chipset drivers to fix that problem as well as W11 put a patch out. So, make sure both are updated and let's cross our fingers that solves it............

This is insane.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Add TdrLevel with DWORD 32 bit and value to 0.

It could be that this is the fix that we have to edit the registry to get the game to work.

Which is bonkers that it needs us to do that to fix it.

Didn't fix it.

Still broken. Lots of people have this problem. 20 different solutions. People with the same problem after trying solutions.

SOLUTION: Complete format of the hard drive, re-install Win 11 from the ground up, AMD drivers, Nvidia, the works. Something probably went wrong somewhere. I had a few hours of stable gaming today with Vanguard.

Will try Cyberpunk next.

Back