• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too bad I suck at video editing and creative media stuff :( I'd loves me a 4890!

Nothing wrong with that ice. I have both intel and amd stuff all over the place here :) I was very happy to get back to buying AMD this year after a two year hiatus on some wolfdale chips. I have an 810 and an intel 8400 I will hopefully get up and running 24/7 crunching/file server over the summer.

The point was to show them an ALL AMD SETI farm. ;)

It's not in the Top 100 but it is in the World Top 200 RAC. If there were another Phenom II on that list instead of a Q6600 it might be worth a shot to e-mail them a screenie of my SETI page and a link. Alas, my previous moment of weakness would spoil the pic ... :cry:

Last edited:
I always say I'm going to enter stuff like this and never end up doing it, usually because I forget. Would so love to win some free gear though, may have to leave a sticky note on the fridge to remind me to do this one :beer:

intel>amd

How is that in any way relevant or constructive? Don't post crap like that here.

I can state my option on how I feel about amd....What are you gonna do about it?? I clearly stated amd has treated my buddys computer like **** in the past and have caused me problems fixing there trash.

What you did was post flame bait which is not allowed.

Back on topic..Just noticed that the contest is open to Canadians, excluding Quebec. I might have to take a closer look at this. :)

Whoooo chill out I just needed 100Post, Its not a big deal...Big sponsors like that your chances of getting something is so slim..

In order to get access to the classifieds and to the General Discussion forms, it takes 100 quality post. See Unofficial Posting Guidelines and The Whats and Whys of a Quality Post for more info on what exactly is considered a quality post. In general though simply flame-baiting and spamming is not the way to get access. Thats a good way to get on the bad side of the mods.

Back to topic. I didnt even know AMD was 40 years old.. I guess I need to read the wikipedia sometime.

Back to topic. I didnt even know AMD was 40 years old.. I guess I need to read the wikipedia sometime.

Isn't intel older then amd though?? I thought amd was only about 15 years old... Didn't IBM start with intel processors?? that was way back in the 50s

Whoooo chill out I just needed 100Post, Its not a big deal...Big sponsors like that your chances of getting something is so slim..

I see that you are new here and thus you have been given a bit of grace, in some respects. sno.lcn is a senior member and did exactly as we would expect a senior to behave. kudos bro sno.

You have lost your classifieds privlidges due to your obvious hotmail registered non-allowed e-mail. Please familiarize yourself with our rules, which, you have agreed upon when you registered here.:beer:

Flaming nor flame-baiting is allowed here at OCF. You have been warned, by sno.lcn and then again right now by me. Relax and enjoy the forums.

krag, OCF classifieds moderator

Thanks for the tip QuietIce

I see that you are new here and thus you have been given a bit of grace, in some respects. sno. is a senior member and did exactly as we would expect a senior to behave. kudos bro sno.

You have lost your classifieds privlidges due to your obvious hotmail registered non-allowed e-mail. Please familiarize yourself with our rules, which, you have agreed upon when you registered here.:beer:

Flaming nor flame-baiting is allowed here at OCF. You have been warned, by sno.link and then again right now by me. Relax and enjoy the forums.

krag, OCF classifieds moderator

ok thx

Last edited:
I wish I had some talent at video making/editing so I could enter the contest. I'm on my frist amd rig ever right now and I'm liking it a lot. Oh well, I guess I'll just give amd my money instead of my video to get new parts :D

Back